L’institut de sciences criminelles is a courses, resource and research centre specialised in the field of criminality control and treatment.
The Institute offers three degrees:
– Certificate of criminal sciences.
– M.Phil. in Criminal law and criminal sciences.
– M.Phil. in Criminology and victimology in collaboration with units of medicine and psychology
L’institut de sciences criminelles hosts a research team, the EPRED (l’Equipe Poitevine de Recherche et d’Encadrement Doctoral en sciences criminelles. EA 1228) composed of 11 professors and lecturers, as well as about 40 Ph.D students providing an individual or collective scientific work in symposiums, studies, textbooks, encyclopaedias and legal dictionaries.
Research fields :
– theory of criminal law and criminal procedure
– criminal procedure and legal economy
– international and european criminal law
– traffic law
– criminal policy
The Institute has a resource centre at its disposal, the Robert Vouin Library, which is dedicated to the study of criminal sciences. Its rich literature can be used by researchers and students.
The criminal lawyers from Poitiers have local, national as well as international relations with professors and professionals concerned by the criminal phenomenon.